Thursday, March 1, 2007

Blizzard of '07 ... extend quarter 3 days

I wish I had more readership at this moment as I could be letting everyone know that we'll probably be extending the quarter 3 days. The quarter will end March 14th, grades are due by noon on Friday the 16th.

It would only be fair for those students needing to raise their grade and giving teachers a chance to get units wrapped up and grading done. Regardless the 4th quarter will get three extra days tacked on most likely, so it would only make sense to extend the 3rd quarter.

This year's seniors are pleased as punch I'm sure as they will not be here to make the days up. Last year we had one or no days off (can't recall).

I'm not familiar with this area so I do not know it's blizzard history. But I was my son's age (8) when the blizzard of '72 shut school down for 4 total days. We're lucky we have a weekend coming up as well as a weather change.

Stay safe and see you next week!

2 comments:

CAMTECH said...

My your young, in 72 I was out driving in it

Anitaprofessional said...

We had a 20 foot drift in the back yard that we played "King of the Hill" off of it.

We decided on extending the quarter 3 days to March 14th, grades due Friday at Noon on the 16th.